Sunday, July 29, 2007

Leslie lops her hair

I know my current hairstyle is very important to all my readers, so here's an update.

For the past year or so, I've been casually growing out my hair by default, meaning I've been too lazy or cheap to get it cut. Or maybe I was reluctant to get my hair cut while living in Michigan because of the bad hair cutting experience I had when I very first moved there. So, as usually happens when one doesn't cut one's hair, my hair had gotten pretty long (by my usual standards, anyway) and I decided last week that it was time for it to go.

Great Clips has always been my salon (can I use that word for Great Clips?) of choice, mostly because of the low price and the absence of older ladies with poofy hair, heavy perfume and long fingernails. I took along a picture of myself from a few years ago to give the girl an idea of what I wanted, but apparently she either had bad eyesight or a great imagination. With her scissors glinting in the fluorescent lights, she proceeded to cut my hair 20x shorter than I ever expected (or wanted) and in a style that has been puzzling me for a solid week. I can't look in the mirror without a sense of confusion and a useless attempt at trying to understand what she was thinking.

The good news is that I probably won't need another hair cut for a number of months, and I definitely use a lot less shampoo. Also, I don't have a lot of human contact so I guess I don't REALLY need to worry about looking like an idiot.

Thankfully, no pictures have been taking of me since I was divested of my hair and my pride, but this will give you an idea of what I look like:

7 comments:

heath said...

Oooh, yes, pink would be a definite bonus to the hair. I'll bring the dye tomorrow!

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have the perfect summer haircut! Way to beat the heat :)

Melinda said...

So you're now a puff-a-lump (???) tree from "The Lorax," huh? You know what happens to all those trees at the end of the story, don't you?
That's actually one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books, yet another indicator of my dark streak.

Annie said...

Hi Lessie! I can totally empathize with you. Haircuts are so often the bane of curly girls. If you discover the secret lingo for "just a trim" in curly curl terms, let me know. I'm still searching for the words to get my point across.

Melinda said...

Leslie, your hair is going to be as long as Rapunzel's by the time we get another blog entry!

An said...

I hope this means that you've had your hair dyed pink.

heath said...

I'm with Melinda Les. Why don't you post about your surgery!