Friday, July 06, 2007

Caution: Cringe-worthy news story ahead

Girl seriously injured by pool drain's suction
MINNEAPOLIS (AP)

A 6-year-old girl who sat on an open drain in a wading pool lost part of her intestinal tract to the drain's powerful suction, her family said.

Abigail Taylor was injured in the wading pool on June 29, according to her family.

Her father, Scott Taylor, said the suction caused a 2-inch tear in Abigail's rectum and pulled out much of her small intestine. Doctors had to remove the part of her intestines that remained, according to the family's lawyer, Bob Bennett.

Abigail remained in intensive care at Children's Hospital on Thursday and appeared to be improving, Bennett said.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Les, I've noticed that no one is responding to this post, and I think it's because we're all speechless.

Lessie Louie said...

Bug, I think that's a diplomatic way of saying I grossed everyone out. Sorry to all my readers, but I thought it was a horrifically fascinating story.