Tuesday, June 19, 2007

And another thing

I forgot to share the news, which most of you already know, that I have my first subbing gig with the Utah Symphony in August. It's pretty cool, although the concert I'm playing for isn't much to talk about. It's a pops concert with Linda Ronstadt but hey, it's a foot in the door or a nose in the tent or something. If only Aaron Neville could be there too...



I've been keeping myself busy with various projects during this time of unemployment and seclusion. I'm finishing Mom's entertainment center, hauling dirt and very small rocks in a wheelbarrow, baking bread, tinkering around on the piano, painting my room and......becoming ambidextrous. I've been working on it here and there and my progress is almost imperceptible, but I have faith that I can achieve. Plus, think how much more popular I'll be on the dating scene when guys find out that I can write the lyrics to "Some Enchanted Evening" with BOTH HANDS.

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Not to mention how that "Some Enchanted..." bit will beef up your resume!

heath said...

Les, you are absolutely hilarious! You really need to post more often.