Wednesday, March 21, 2007

This is the title for this post

The most exciting thing to happen this week so far is replacing the zippers on my viola case. I know it's hard to believe that I would ever need to replace anything on my ghetto case, but the zippers finally bit the dust. So now my brown case is sporting brand new fire engine red zippers. I think everyone at the music school probably thinks I'm really cool. The whole project took about 12 hours and I went through a few needles and a number of episodes of Jeeves and Wooster. I'm glad I'll never have to make a living with my sewing skills (knock on wood).

I saw the dude on the bus again this morning and he invited me to a non-denominational lecture/question and answer thing about "exploring evidences of God in science, history and the existence of life." I may go, I may not go. There is free pizza after all. I didn't know what to call it in my planner, though, so it got written down as "God thing". I don't think He'll be offended.

Oh, and I must share an exciting moment from two weeks ago. That week we played Tchaikovsky Symphony 6 in the Ann Arbor Symphony. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but I've developed a bad habit of pushing up my glasses by scrunching up my nose and eyes so I don't have to use my hands. I feel like it has almost turned into a tic although that may be a bit dramatic. Anyway, during the concert, between the second and third movements, I did the scrunchy thing but happened to be looking at the conductor when I did it. He in turn happened to be looking at me and he gave me a big wink in response! I guess he thought I was winking at him or something and I feel like writing him a letter of explanation. The whole orchestra wondered who he was winking at. I guess it's a funny story? Or creepy?

I have some other thoughts to share, but they aren't as ridiculous as these so I'll have to save them for another time. 'Til then, I bid you adieu.

1 comments:

eileen said...

This is the part where I have successfully commented.
The WINK was hilarious.
Now you have a *special* association to go with Tchaik. 6!
And: We are SO going to learn to integrate beatboxing into our respective instrumental idioms...