Thursday, November 09, 2006

Inspired by Andrea


Now that Andrea's come out with her blog I figured it's safe to tell you all about mine. I've had it for a few months but haven't bothered to tell anyone about it, mostly because I haven't bothered to post anything. I can't promise anything too exciting but, really, would you expect that from me?

This week I'm playing in the Flint Symphony. The conductor's name there is Enrique
Diemecke. He's from Mexico and very espunky and esmiley. His hands are also about half the size of mine, as you may be able to tell from the picture. It's really enjoyable to play there because he makes the orchestra such a friendly environment, and orchestras usually seem pretty stiff and formal. I guess it's usually to maintain some kind of respect for the conductor and to acknowledge his/her role as the leader but I think it's possible to do that and, you know, have fun? Have feelings? Get excited about stuff? I have more opinions about repressed American orchestras, but I don't think they're worth spouting off here.

'Til next time, as the French have it, au revoir.

4 comments:

An said...

I'm, like, SO flattered that you mentioned me in your post, Les. I love your blog. I think it is definitely a Blog of Note, especially since it is about you and your viola, ha ha. Are you going to alert us whenever you post something new, or should we check back hourly?

Snow said...

Maybe you should specialize in Cowboy Poetry festival orchestras. They're pretty spunky. That's what I'M doing.

eileen said...

Here is a comment.

An said...

like, leslie, you should, like, make a new post soon so i can read it. love you!